Share it (and thank you!)
Follow Me (and I'll feel loved)
Please note that I forgot to mention that if you move files from within the program, they move on your hard drive also, as well if you delete them from within the program, so please do be careful. I actually like this feature as there is no confusion as to what you are doing.
I have finally chosen a program in which I will tag my digital scrapbooking kits, elements, papers, and photos! I am so happy! I have waited patiently for years for technology to catch up with the digital scrapbooking world's needs.
I can finally tell you that I do recommend utilizing the Windows Live Photo Gallery.
You can download it for free here. It works with Vista and XP, but I am not sure if it works for Mac users. I do also recommend using Bridge and that program is accessible by Mac users with PSE. I will do some videos for that program in the future too.
Read the Window Photo Gallery blog for more tutorials and links to plug-ins.
Why do I like the program best?
1. It is free. You cannot beat free!
2. It is a Microsoft product which indicates that future updates will most likely be made and the program will continue to be free.
3. Tags are written into the files, not into a database as is used with other programs. What does this mean for you? This means that all the time and effort in tagging will not be lost should you have a computer crash, mess up your database, or move your files outside of the program. That is a huge benefit! In addition, it works with .png files as well as .jpg files.
4. It is easy on the RAM.
5. You can open up filed from the program easily into your digital software program.
6. Designers may tag files for you and will show up in your Photo Gallery. This can be a huge benefit or a complication -- time will tell.
I did these tutorials as I was learning the program myself and did not plan out the tutorial as well as I usually do, so bear with me! It is long and I do go back and forth between topics on each of them as I discover new things myself.
Please note that in the beginning I indicate to uncheck the box to remove a tag. That is incorrect. The checkmark in the box indicates the selection of files that will be tagged, untagged, moved, etc.
In addition, there is so much with this program that I will have future videos to cover other areas.
If you get this post by e-mail, you may need to click to read it on the blog to watch the three videos below.