The blogroll has been migrated and there are now new codes!
This blogroll code was first published on July 20, 2007. It was hosted with blogrolling.com at that time and rose to a high count of 758 listings! On May 27, 2009, it was finally moved to be hosted with bloglines. Dead links and blogs without posts over 6 months were removed. The new list begins with 487 blogs. Since bloglines will alert me to feeds that are no longer working, in addition to sorting from newest to oldest posts, I can better keep the list current.
On September 23, 2010, the blogroll was moved to Google Reader as Bloglines (owned by Ask.com) was closing the first of October. The list contained 806 blogs.
Having it on your own blog would make it easy for you and your readers to quickly find someone else's blog. In addition, the posts are set to sort with the blog most recently to post at the top. What a great way to just waste some time visiting other blogs right from your own blog!
E-mail me if you are a digiscrapper and would like to be added to this blogroll. Please know that keeping up with this blogroll has become quite a task and often it takes me a long time to get to the e-mails. The name you assigned to your blog will automatically be the name on the list. I will attempt to edit some names, but please be aware that you may be listed accordingly. Please do a search of this list (Control F) to see if you are already on the list before requesting to be added. I often get duplicate or triplicate requests for the same blog.
You can edit the code to fit in your sidebar by changing the width and height. IF YOUR SIDEBAR IS NOT WIDE ENOUGH, change the width in the code to a smaller number until you see the scrollbar.
If you would like more of the blog names to be visible, change the height.
If you would like the whole blogroll to be visible as in the below example, delete the height code all together.
1. Copy the code (highlight and press control C)
2. Go to the "template" tab in your blog settings.
3. Go to the "page elements" sub-tab.
4. Click on "Add a Page Element"
6. Paste the code (control V)
7. Save Changes
8. If desired, move the element down the sidebar to where you want it within your other items on your blog.
9. If needed change the height and width of the code. (Is the scroll bar showing?)
1. Go the TypeLists tab and open it.
2. Create a Typelist using the the Links kind of TypeList. If you haven't done it before see here: Creating a New Typepad List
3. Click on Add Item - Try reading Adding a New Item ; Cut and paste the code.
4. If you have 3 column setup which seems to be what most of us have, then each sidebar is 200 pixels If necessary, change the width so in the line that reads width:190px; height:200px, to 100 so it reads width:100px; height:200px
5. Click on Save and republish you blog. :-)
Thanks to Michelle for writing the Wordpress instructions!
1. copy the code from the box
2. log into WP admin
3. click arrow next to appearance
4. click widgets
5. add as a "Text" on the side (puts it at the top of the widgets)
6. click "add" next to text
7. click edit on the new blue "text" bubble to the right.
8. enter code into the large box
9. enter "title" into the small box
10. click done
11. click save changes